Vitamin K1 is easy to obtain from green leafy vegetables. The bacteria in our intestines will convert some of that to K2, but not enough to prevent or treat atherosclerosis and osteoporosis. K2 is found in the diet in natto, a fermented soybean food popular in Japan, as well as in butter, meat, egg yolks, and organ meats from animals that are fed grass instead of grain. As grass-fed animal products are rare nowadays and a taste for natto is difficult to acquire for most Westerners, a vitamin K2 supplement is the best way to ensure you are getting an optimal daily dose of this important nutrient.
Vitamin K2 from Natural Factors contains MK-7, the most bioavailable form of vitamin K derived naturally from natto beans. Each dose provides 24-hour protection by guiding calcium toward the bones and teeth where it is needed most, and away from the arteries where it causes damage.
Uses & Benefits
- Helps in the normal development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Helps guide calcium into bones
- Inhibits the calcification of arteries and other soft tissues
- Provides double-action support for bone and vascular health
- Ideal to use alongside calcium and vitamin D supplementation