- Increases cellular energy
- Provides a high dose of clinically relevant amounts of key nutrients, including 300 mg of CoQ10 and 1500 mg of Acetyl-L-carnitine
- Contains a combination of ancient peat and apple extracts shown to increase ATP levels, the primary currency of cellular energy, without increasing reactive oxygen species
- Antioxidant protection from superoxide dismutase and OpitacTM L-glutathione provides redox balance within the cell
- Suitable for vegetarians, with easy dosing and natural watermelon flavour
Mitochondrial Formula is a unique combination of nutrients designed to enhance mitochondrial function by increasing ATP production, while also providing intracellular antioxidant protection. Mitochondria are the energy powerhouses of the cell, consuming 80–90% of a cell’s oxygen to produce ATP via the oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) process. Impaired mitochondrial bioenergetics underly both the aging process and many chronic cardiovascular, metabolic, and neurological conditions. Acetyl-L-carnitine shuttles fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane, essential for generating energy via fatty acid metabolism. It has been shown to improve fatigue, neurological and cognitive function, and blood pressure. The antioxidant CoQ10 is a component of the mitochondrial respiratory chain and an essential cofactor in the electron transport system. It has shown clinical benefit form any conditions, including hypertension and migraine.
ElevATP™ is a blend of plant bio-inorganic trace minerals and an apple extract rich in polyphenols such as rocyanidins and chlorogenic acid. It has been shown to increase whole blood ATP levels as well as exercise performance and body composition, without an increase in reactive oxygen species. Given that mitochondria are the primary source of free radical production within a cell, the bioavailable OpitacTM L-glutathione and superoxide dismutase (from Extramel®) are also key components. They are critical to redox balance within a cell and have been shown to reduce perceived stress and fatigue.